Saturday, April 16, 2011

Book Likes :)

I don't know about all of you, but I am big on reading so I thought I'd make a little list of my latest must reads. 

1. The Twilight Series: 

This vamp series isn't for those people who are stuck on the old style, dark vamp, but is highly recomended if you are open to a newer, unconventional type of vamp.  In my opinion the books only get better as they go along, though for those who end up as Edward fans, book 2 can be a little slow.  Don't let it stop you from reading on though because the last book in the series (Breaking Dawn) will keep you on the edge 'til the very end.  I couldn't put it down until I was done!  This is one series I can read over and over again.  *contains some sexual content in later books* 

2.  The House of Night Series:

   
Agian with the non-traditional vamps. lol.  This series kept me on my toes and I couldn't wait to get to each consecuative book.  It does hint at and talk about (though not in explicit detail) some sexual content. 


3. The Harry Potter Series


I'm sure most of you with children with in the right age group have seen the Harry Potter movies.  Though I do like the movies, they lack a large part of the story and some of it's finer details which explain the story line in better detail. 

Don't let the fact that they were written as children's books fool you though.  I didn't start reading the series until I was about 17 years old or better and can honestly classify myself as a Harry Potter nerd (though I could say the same of the above mentioned series). 

My personal favs in the series are Prisoner of Azkaban and The Deathly Hallows as they seem to have held my attention with it's action and drama the best.  I did enjoy all of the books though and was impressed with how they seem to be written for a slightly older audience with each book, giving it the feeling that you the reader are growing right along with the characters. 

This concludes my book likes for this post... more to come. 

Happy Reading
~K


    

No comments:

Post a Comment