Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Graco MyRide 65 Convertable Car Seat

I was ignorant when it came to choosing car seats for my older children.  I had no idea about expiration's on car seats or how some are better than others or that the recommendations for how long they should be rear facing and/or in a 5-point-harness are different from state law.  I've learned a lot since then and took great care in researching convertible car seats before I decided on the Graco MyRide 65 for my now 10 month old daughter, Tes.  It goes from rear facing to forward facing up to 65 lbs.     

The one review that caught my eye was from a couple that had two children (one rear facing - around 6 months old, and one forward facing - around 3 years old) in the MyRide 65 that had been in an accident in which both parents were injured.  They stated in the review that while they suffered moderate injuries, their two children were safe and sound and never even woke up when they crashed.  This was a big seller point for me.  I want to know my kids are safe. 

Installing the car seat was a bit of a pain, but most car seats are in my opinion.  This car seat is huge, but well worth it especially if you have a larger vehicle (I have a mini van and it fits perfectly behind the drivers side, middle seat).  My daughter is very comfortable and enjoys riding in it even if she doesn't like going into it initially ... lol.  It's two cup holders allow for me to place a bottle in one and snacks in the other with no problem... this is really nice when it comes to keeping her content throughout a day of running.  I have absolutely no regrets in spending the $150 some odd dollars on this seat.   

                 
Reese, testing out Tes's                 The Graco MyRide 65
car seat...

~Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment